Okinawa trip - Day 6-7 - Wet and not in a good way
Okinawa trip - Day 6-7
Wet and not in a good way
Since it's been raining on and off all night and rained again in the morning, we decided to do something indoors, so off to the biggest mall on the island we went after breakfast. One good thing about malls in Okinawa (as long as they're not in Naha) is that parking is free, so we could stay the entire day if we wanted to. The mall has a bunch of shops, but the only one that caught my interest was the Lupicia tea shop that sells limited editions of teas specific to the region. The one in Okinawa had a tropical fruit tea. We browsed around a bunch of shops and of course, we stopped by the Pokemon Center so my buddy could pick up a couple of things. He's collecting shop original logo pin badges now. I think I started the collection by giving him one that I found when I went to Kanazawa on my birthday trip.
It was past lunchtime and he suggested a Hawaiian place. I had a spicy shrimp plate and he ordered pork. The food was pretty good for a food court. After lunch, we roamed around the mall some more. It's been raining on and off the whole time.
On the way back, we ran by a couple of spots divers go to to see the condition of the water. I was hoping to go snorkeling the next day. The water was still choppy and looked murky. That doesn't bode well for the next day.
My buddy suggested we go for milkshakes at a Korean chicken place. We got some orange chicken take out while we were there, but sadly, they ran out of ice cream to make milkshakes. They said they were much busier than usual. We got the half-sized portion since their portions are huge with big pieces of chicken. Yeah, half-size with fries was plenty for the both of us.
It was another evening of movies before heading to bed.


Comments
Post a Comment