Okinawa trip - Day 3 - Spider!

 

Okinawa trip - Day 3

Spider!

Like I mentioned earlier, my buddy ended up with 2-toned legs and yup, he was hurting the next day from sunburn. He also forgot to put sunscreen on his face. The poor boo didn't get much sleep the night before since the sunburn bothered him so much. He had an aftersun lotion, but it didn't help much with the pain. So, we ended up staying in the whole day. I did go out for a walk to explore the area near his house. It was only an hour walk. Can't walk too far or too long in 90-degree heat. Plus I forgot to bring water. I drank a lot of water before I left the house, tho.

It was interesting to see the local flora and fauna planted in neighbors' yards. I saw some gorgeous hibiscus. I came across a small mountain bike tour outfit. They were ready to head out, but we chatted for a bit. It was an American dude offering bike tours to local scenic areas and they were going to ride out to the falls and castle ruins. He said it's about a 3-hour tour. I could do that on an e-bike but not a mountain bike. I also came across a gardener who tend to many of the neighborhood yards and he was telling me how he's been in the business for over 30 years and how he's learned when to and not to trim the flower bushes. I was in no hurry to get anywhere so I chatted with the neighbors for a bit.

My buddy was napping when I got back, so I went up to my room for a nap, too. It was like that all day long--napping, watching TV, napping some more, watching TV, frozen pizza and other munchies in between. We never really stayed in all day like that before, so it was a nice change of pace. Seeing how I napped so much, looks like I needed a lazy day.

We did finally did get out of the house for dinner. We went to a Mexican place. Their tacos were good, but enchiladas, not so much. But it's a popular place and we had to wait 15-20 minutes for a table. He ordered taquitos and the enchilada plate. I got the tacos. We shared the taquitos and they were quite tasty. I really liked the tacos. El Pasos, they were not. LOL

Now I don't know where it came from, but as soon as my buddy rolled down the car windows, a huge spider (about as big as the palm of my hand) jumped in the car. Needless to say, we were both screaming like girls and scrambled out of the car. We both turned on the flashlights on our phones to look for the bugger (no pun intended) and try to get it out of the car. We found it in the back, but it scurried back to the front and we lost sight of the spider. We probably spent a good 20-30 minutes thoroughly looking all over the car, lifting up the mat and looking under anywhere we could think of but we couldn't find it. We hoped it scurried out of one of the open doors and prayed it wouldn't jump out and bite my buddy while he was driving. We looked through the car again when we got home, but we couldn't find it.

That was all the excitement we could take for the day, so we called it a night and headed for bed.

 Aug 28  

Comments

Popular Posts