Okinawa trip - Day 2 - Encountering a snake
Okinawa trip - Day 2
Encountering a snake
Since we took care of important business early in the morning, we were ready to start the day. I wanted to go snorkeling, so we went to a popular spot called Gorilla Chop. The nickname came from the rocks looking like a hand making the chopping gesture and a popular wrestling move called gorilla chop. The water was a bit chilly for Okinawa and a bit cloudy. It's probably because a typhoon passed through a few days ago. I saw a sea snake that are highly poisonous to humans, but they're not usually aggressive unless provoked. The sucker swam by my buddy, then sank to the sea floor to graze. A lot of the coral suffered damages from the typhoon and it'll take time to recover. But there were a lot of pretty fishies swimming around. I didn't see as many blue fishies that I see in my neck of the woods. I think the fish are used to getting fed. A bunch of little fishies would swim right up to you and nibble on your fingers if you don't have anything to feed them. Some will act all territorial.
Although I didn't get the feel of swimming in an aquarium since there weren't big schools of fish swimming around, I had fun snorkeling but my buddy didn't stay in the water as long as I did. He said he got tired from swimming and was chilling on the beach, playing with a tiny crab, annoying the poor thing by dumping sand down its hole. It'll come out carrying an armful of sand and chuck it out. It'll just stare at you as if judging your life choices, then goes back down its little hole in the sand. Mind you, this crab is like a half inch long. Now, my buddy forgot to put sunscreen on his legs, so it ended up to be two-toned. He's gonna be hurting later.
We decided to call it a day in the early afternoon since it's going to be close to dinner time by the time we get home. He was teasing me that we're going to end up with instant ramen if I don't decide what I want for dinner. Instant ramen - bleh. We went to a local steakhouse. While the steaks were cheap, they were bland. No wonder there was a variety of steak sauces on the table. I did, however, like their beef soup. That was pretty flavorful. Their salad bar isn't that great. There was this huge mound of broccoli that nobody touched. Otherwise, it was just a mix of shredded cabbage and lettuce, cold corn, and seaweed mix. It was a sad sight.
We watched a couple of movies when we got home, then called it a day.


Comments
Post a Comment