Off to the market


Sunday saw me at the market. This market is held annually at a parking lot at a shrine near where the usual Sunday morning market is held. The annual market is held at a bigger scale and while we see the usual vendors from the usual morning market, we also see vendors that aren't local. The chef who runs a soup stand was grilling skewered chicken. The poor dude was squinting all day from the smoke. LOL As usual, there was a long line waiting for the famous tarts sold by a local sweets shop. What I didn't see was a bakery selling freshly baked bread.

One of the non-local vendor was selling fried puffer fish burgers. Chefs are required to get a special license to handle puffer fish because of the poison the fish carries. Filleting the fish takes precision and care so not to poison anybody who eats it. The burger tasted like a fish burger. Pretty tasty. I liked it. And lived to tell the tale 😂

Although there were no vendors selling ice cream, the soup stand chef was offering shaved ice, too, so I did get myself a cold treat 😁

I really regretted not bringing my snorkeling gear and new action camera with me since the water was super calm and it looked clear from the surface. I knew that once I got home, I stay put and don't go out again. But, it was cloudy and the wind was chilly so I probably would've gotten chilled once I got out of the water if I did go snorkeling. Fingers crossed that I will get the chance to go snorkeling and try out my action camera underwater before it gets too cold.

Last weekend was a good weekend. I hope this weekend will be good, too 🙂

JN63JPN  9 Oct 4 Save  Edit
 

Comments

Popular Posts