Murky waters

Literally.

I finally got the chance to go to the beach today. The sun was out when I woke up, although the weather forecast predicted gloomy weather throughout this 3-day weekend. I jumped out of bed, got my snorkeling gear together, put on my bathing suit and rash guard, and headed off to the beach.

The water looked a bit choppy at the beach I usually go to, so I decided to try out a beach that a buddy of mine likes to go to. That beach is also known for snorkeling. The water wasn't as choppy at this beach, but the water looked a bit murky from the surface. It was really murky close to the shoreline, but cleared up somewhat as I went further away from the shore.

I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get the feel of swimming in an aquarium. I didn't see many pretty fishies that I'm used to seeing. Maybe it was because I don't know the right points yet, maybe it was because of the weather, I don't know. My buddy likes to go snorkeling there, so I guess he knows where to look? I did, however, get to see a cute little baby box puffer fish. They look so cute, like little ping pong balls. I was struggling trying to get a decent pic since I was battling the waves, trying to breathe while the waves splashed over my snorkel, and trying to keep the camera steady. I managed to get a couple of decent shots and a short vid 😁

I didn't stay very long. Maybe I'll try this beach again when the tide is out. I had lunch at one of the beach houses my buddy likes to go to. He wasn't kidding, the food was good. I had the Thai fried noodles and it had just the right amount of kick.

Have you had a chance to do any activities that you usually do in the summer?
















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts