Hi ho hi ho . . .

I went on a nature hike last weekend. It's been a while since I went on one. I started off later than usual since I wanted to stop by a bakery before I went to the trail, since the bakery was on the way.

Armed with a freshly-baked pretzel and cinnamon donut, I started off my leisurely meanderings, taking in the fresh air and listening to the birds merrily chirping away.

I always come across bird-watchers with impressive cameras and long lenses. I'm never really sure what birds they're trying to capture, but they're looking high up in the trees while listening for a distinct birdsong. One of the reasons why this particular trail is popular with bird-watchers is probably because it's relatively flat so they don't have to lug their cameras up steps or rough terrain.

All I have are my phone and little digital camera. I can take good enough pics with what I have. Hell, I can even take a pic of the moon with my dinky camera ๐Ÿ˜‚

I was hoping to see cobra lilies in bloom, but what I saw were telling me I was either a bit too late or way too late. Although some flowers bloomed later than usual this year, it was not the case for these flowers. I was kind of bummed.


Still, I had a pleasant hike. Saw a bunch of fishies swimming in the water. I think they're wild carp. I also saw a cute little toad. The end of this particular trail forks off to join 3 other trails. I haven't explored much further. Maybe I will, but I'm probably should be carrying more water with me. I didn't bring much on this hike since I knew it would be a short one.

The sun was mighty toasty, considering it was only May. It was nice laying in the sun, relaxing after enjoying my snack, before I headed back.

I love these morning outings. I get to be a total sloth all afternoon without feeling that I did nothing productive ๐Ÿ˜‚

Do you like to go out early in the morning or prefer later in the day?





Comments

  1. The photos are stunning and sounds like it was a beautiful day to go for a hike. I prefer going early mornings, so I have time at the end of it to relax and Veg out..lol. It is usually quieter when you go early before the crowd turns up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I like to go early in the mornings :)

      Delete
  2. I'm okay with morning expeditions provided they start no earlier than 10am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10am?! I'm just about ready to head back by then ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
    2. I need time to drink coffee before going out!

      Delete
    3. Just how long does it take you to drink a cup of coffee? ๐Ÿคจ

      Delete
    4. I'm thinking of three coffees to get me ready to face the world.

      Delete
    5. The jitters help you fact the world?? ๐Ÿคจ

      Delete
    6. Coffee, probably because I drink so much of it, doesn't give me the jitters.

      Delete
    7. It does not give me the jitters either. I can not function without my coffee..lol.

      Delete
    8. I brew my coffee at the office. I prefer to be able to doze off on the train. Extra sleep. LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts