Another path

Last weekend, I decided to go explore a trail that I've never been to before. I happened to discover it when I chanced upon a bakery on my way home one day. The entrance to the trail was in a tiny park (literally called Tiny Park) and there was a funny map posted showing a bench with no view, that the trail goes past somebody's field, and eventually land in a flower square.

Well, after climbing up the steps to the trail, it looks like I went the opposite way to where the trail leads to another trail that I've been to before (that trail wasn't all that interesting). I probably saw the path veering off the trail but didn't explore it the last time I was on that particular trail. There was a portion of the trail were I went through a bamboo tunnel. It was pretty cool.

One thing I had to make sure to do is wave my walking stick in front of me so I won't end up walking into a spider's early warning system, especially when I'm walking through a path with brush on both sides. I can't count the number of times I walked into a strand of a spider's web. I was so glad that I packed bug repellent since mozzies were on the attack. They even tried to suck blood out of my camera (good luck with that 😂 )

I saw a lot of wisteria vines all over the place, so I'm guessing the path can be pretty in the spring when the wisteria is in bloom. One vine was so straight, I thought it was a pole laying on the ground. LOL

Next time, I'll go the other way to see the bench with no view and walk past somebody's field 😂

Since I started out bright and early, I decided to go enjoy a nice brunch at a bakery not too far from the trail. The park near the bakery had some lovely roses and the lotus in the little pond was in bloom, too. The masala tea served at this bakery is so good! I like the pancakes here, too. This brunch was a great way to end the morning. I was ready for a nap when I got home. LOL





202405250312

Comments

  1. Lovely photos and your brunch looks delicious. Hiking can indeed give one an appetite. Love seeing the beauty of the paths you travel on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brunch sounded really good as I was heading back. I like their pancakes 😁

      Delete
  2. Brunch is my favourite meal of the day though it's quite rare I have brunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to kick back and enjoy a nice brunch with a divine masala tea 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts