Policing with style


There was a flower garden that had a classic car show on Saturday. I was planning on visiting various parks to see how the flowers were blooming. Poppies bloom in the spring/summer and cosmos in the fall. It was a tad early for the poppies. There were poppies in bloom but the field was far from being in fully bloom. 

I got there early but there were cars out on display already. I saw an old police car and my mind got blown when I saw that it was a Porsche. Cops back in the day chased cars speeding down the toll roads in fucking Porsches ðŸ¤¯ The car on display got rescued from getting scrapped. Who the fuck scraps a Porsche?? 

The main parking lot was filled with classic cars from all over the surrounding areas. They were all road-worthy, too. There was a classic Mini Cooper owner who had a huge teddy bear in the passenger seat. That was so cute! I saw a pretty cool car with a 660cc Suzuki engine, so it's classified as a light car (these cars have yellow tags and the taxes/overall maintenance is much cheaper than regular cars). Lots of people were intrigued with this car. There was a similar car in the lot but it had the regular white tag. 

I could probably drive a few of the cars on display since I know how to drive a manual transmission ðŸ˜Ž But for the most part, the seats were way too low for this all of 5' frame ðŸ˜‚

Like I mentioned, the poppies weren't in full bloom yet, but the ones in bloom were really pretty. Since it's close to May 5, which is Children's Day, there was a line of "koinobori," carp-shaped windsocks traditionally flown in Japan to celebrate the holiday. It was pretty awesome seeing them swaying in the breeze. The flower field is at a lower level and the park has a higher level, which I didn't go to, since I was planning to hit other parks later. There's a cute choo choo train (on tires, not rails) that'll take people up to the higher level. It even makes the choo choo sound as it goes up the hill. It's super cute. I would have taken a ride had they not jacked up the prices. It doubled over the course of 2-3 years. ðŸ¤¨

The path that takes people to the upper level of the park, where there's a children's playground with a Godzilla slide, leads to the herb garden on the other side of the park. Come to think of it, there's a small parking lot over on that side, too. I could've ridden my scooter over there. ðŸ¤” Totally slipped my mind. Oh well, maybe next time. 

I was planning to visit two other parks, but the azaleas at this park wasn't as in bloom as I thought it would be, so I didn't bother stopping by, and the wisteria didn't seem to be in bloom as much, either. Maybe I'll visit the parks later. 

Before I hit the parks, I went on a bakery run and got myself some freshly-baked donuts and pretzels. Pretzels freshly out of the oven and still warm are so heavenly! I'm glad I have a job that lets me afford to buy artisan bread. Otherwise, I'd be stuck with the cheap shit sold at supermarkets. Ah, the little things in life . . . LOL 

What little thing in life makes you happy? 













Comments

  1. The cars are cool! Thanks for sharing all this. A holiday for children ? How lovely.

    The flowers are just stunning. But I’m always going to be a sucker for nature.

    My small joy used to be food related too. That’s gone. Now? It’s watching my cats play and be sweet to each other. They are a treat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March 3 is Girl's Day (not a holiday), May 5 used to be Boy's Day but changed to Children's Day (holiday).

      I'm looking forward to the next Caturday installment :)

      Delete
  2. Seeing these photos of your Classic Cars makes me happy.Huge Classic car enthusiast here.They are my eye candy and try not to miss the Classic Car shows here. All of your photos are spectacular but the cars have me drooling here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've been to a classic car show. I happened to come across a flyer and the timing was perfect since I was planning to visit parks that weekend.

      Delete
  3. My grandson would have loved to have taken a ride on that choo choo train.
    Lots of little things make me happy - watching sparrows fly in and out of my hedge is a particular highlight at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandson would probably love the Godzilla slide, too.

      Delete
  4. I'm not really into cars but some of those are really cool! Especially the police Porsche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blown away when I saw that police car 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts