Southern beauty

A buddy of mine is down in a remote island off Okinawa called Kerama. I probably influenced his decision to get a scuba diving license. 

I told him about how I always hang out at the beach in the summer snorkeling. He started is beach adventures by visiting beaches along the Shonan coast, then he got into snorkeling at the beaches I go snorkeling at. After getting a taste of the underwater world, he went down to Okinawa to get his scuba diving license. 

He goes down to Okinawa, mainly to one of the remote islands, to enjoy some scuba diving and snorkeling. One time, he got stuck on an island due to a typhoon. At least he took his laptop with him, so he could do some remote work. 

My buddy recently got himself an underwater camera and is getting the hang of it. He sent me pics from his diving and the water was so clear and pretty! There were even deer unique to the island. I looked up tours to Kerama, wanting to go snorkeling. 😂 I do have a scuba diving license, but I haven't gone diving in over 8 years. I prefer snorkeling because I don't have to worry about running out of air. (He gave me permission to share his pics on my blog) 

Enjoy the beauty of the underwater world further south from where I live 😁

    



Comments

  1. That turtle is so majestic as it swims. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my buddy that my Stateside friends would flip seeing his pics 😂

      Delete
    2. My thoughts also Deb.. Loving the sound along with watching that turtle also was incredible.. So very beautiful JN.. Thank you for sharing these.. Makes me want to dive right in...lol.

      Delete
    3. Can't wait for snorkeling season to start! I'm definitely going to have to look into traveling to one of the remote islands in Okinawa!

      Delete
  2. I love the turtle photo. I hear turtles are nippy biters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen a sea turtle in the wild, but I'd love to see one.

      Delete
  3. The turtle picture is outstanding. :) I enjoy snorkeling too, and have pondered getting scuba certification, but I'm just not in a place where it can be done, very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the certifications, but having to rent all the equipment is just too much. Snorkeling is much easier.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts