Morning meanderings

After a long week of rains and high winds, the sun finally came out to play Friday afternoon. I woke up bright and early on Saturday and decided to drag my lazy ass outside to see how many blossoms the cherry trees have. Since they just started blooming, they look like popcorn just starting to pop, a kernel here, a kernel there. If the temps stay warm, we should see the trees in full bloom in a few days.

My first stop was a bakery to pick up some goodies. I got there just after they opened, so I was able to get my hands on pretzels fresh out of the oven. Yum! I also got some fresh cinnamon donuts. I also picked up a whole-wheat campagne and cinnamon rolls. I was handed a box full of yummy happiness. LOL 

I got a Starbucks drink ticket for my birthday and I finally got around to get myself a Frappuccino, a double espresso affogado. Since it was sunny and warm, I sat outside watching the world go by while I sipped on my treat. 

I went to a park that sees a lot of visitors during the sakura (cherry blossom) season. There were a few trees with a few blossoms and there was a classic Lincoln Continental that'll make classic car lovers salivate in the parking lot. 

Along with the cherry blossoms, I saw some beautiful camellias blooming. Like plum blossoms, you can see flowers of different colors blooming from the same tree. There was a yard with lovely plum blossoms and orchids blooming. Yes, I shamelessly take pics of flowers blooming in someone's yard. From a public sidewalk, of course. 

One great thing of leaving the house early in the morning is that I can get home early in the afternoon, take a nap, and still have plenty of time to veg out without feeling like I wasted a day. LOL 








Comments

  1. Replies
    1. The Japanese love their Starbucks. I prefer the coffee from a convenience store called Lawson. The coffee is the same size as Starbucks but half the price. Taste doesn't taste much different, either.

      Delete
  2. The blossoms are just lovely. It's good when you can go out and enjoy yourself, and still have time at the end of the day to veg out.

    I'm curious, do they celebrate Easter there? I know Christianity is a minority religion there, but also know it's a tradition to celebrate Christmas with KFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't really celebrate Easter per se, but I have seen some Easter egg hunts (plastic eggs filled with candy) organized for kids and some Easter decorations at the 100yen shop (like a dollar store) here.

      Delete
    2. They don't do Thanksgiving here, but they have adopted the Black Friday/Cyber Monday concept. LOL

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos and love seeing all of your meanderings in your corner of the world..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing the cherry blossoms in full bloom 😁

      Delete
  4. Your sweets look amazing! I love the flowers too. It's wonderful that you can simply walk and see so much beauty. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fresh cinnamon sugar donuts are awesome! The square ones are scones. They were nice and buttery. I like that their cinnamon rolls don't have icing on them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts